Saturday, September 5, 2009

perhaps i expect too much

I am one of those people that others come to for advice. I'm a good listener. I pay attention. I empathize. I'm there when the chips are down. I'm a good friend because I want to be.

There are times when I need someone to listen to me. But, I seem to have surrounded myself with people who keep their minds narrowly focused on their own lives. When I try to speak of what is hurting me, the subject gets changed or I'm told I shouldn't feel that way. So, I swallow hard and tamp it a little farther down into my soul. I get the message loud and clear. My problems don't mean much to my so called friends.

I brushed off the comment with something humorous. That's how I cope. It's better to laugh than cry. The crying can be done in private.

It's so overwhelming when I see people feel so sorry for me but don't offer their friendship. Perhaps I expect too much.

3 comments:

LaViaP said...

hey, i'm a listener. at your service.

zangetsu said...

Cancer is ruled by the Moon. In ancient times, the Moon was perceived as the Great Mother, responsible for nurturing all life. It represents fertility and instinct. The Moon controls the tides and all water on Earth, and it has a strong effect on human emotions. People born under Cancer tend to be more sensitive to the movement of the Moon through the Zodiac than other Signs.
Their emotional orientation to life help them understand the difficulties their loved ones must work through. Their affectionate natures make them among the most caring characters of the Zodiac.
i'll be there for you :D -clare@irwan-

amosinoh said...

I'm all ears... :))

p.s. Sorry didn't drop by for quite some time...