Wednesday, May 21, 2008

friends

I've been thinking about friendship a lot today. How many true friends are you really ever going to have at one time, much less throughout your entire life? Probably not many. There are very few people...I mean like 2 maybe 3...that I would do anything for and that know everything about me. Not that I don't have a lot of people I call my friends and hang out with, but true friends are few and far between. I'm sure we've all been talked about, stabbed in the back, and had our feelings hurt by those who we thought we could trust. I know I have. As corny as it sounds, make sure you treat your friends the way you want to be treated. I am constantly amazed at how much small gestures mean to a friend in need. If a friend calls you at 3 am, or any time of the day for that matter, answer the phone. They may need you the most at that moment, and trust me they will remember that you were there for them. I just feel like if I'm a good friend, my friends will reciprocate that and my life will be a much happier place to live. My friends are my life...I would do anything for them and I know some of them would do anything for me. I cherish every memory I have with my friends because one day they might not be around and the memories will be all I have left. How will my friends remember me? Hopefully they will say I was always there...

No comments: